Summertime kale salad
I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe. Full disclosure, I haven’t been really feeling like capturing everything I am eating and sharing recipes. But the spark is coming back. And let me tell you, when you are going through a rough time, healthy eating is essential. I have noticed a HUGE difference in my mood (read: depressed) when I eat sugar or drink alcohol right now - even more so than usual. I’ve started picking out my favourite clean eats and putting them on repeat.
This is my go-to salad this summer. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s beautiful to look at too. Enjoy!
Summertime Kale Salad
- prep time: 15 minutes
- cook time: 1 minute
- total time: 16 minutes
- 1 head of organic kale
- 1 small ripe avocado
- sea salt and pepper, about 1/2 tsp each
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp lime juice
- An assortment of things like bean sprouts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- 1 small green apple
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 cup broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop kale into small pieces, remove stems.
- Use flesh from half the avocado and the lime juice and massage into the leaves. Let sit for up to an hour.
- Combine apple, cabbage, broccoli, avocado chunks and seeds (if using). Pour over kale.
- Drizzle dressing over top. Voila!